Monday, April 24, 2017

Lucky Number 10, heading to 11.



Lucky Number 10

As I gear up for my 11th half marathon I have to reflect at the last ten races.  It's kind of crazy how far I have come and the love and support that I have been give over the years.  Back in high school I could barely run a mile at the weight of 270lbs (ish).  I started to get into shape after living in Germany for a semester.  It was one of the top event in my life and changed where I am and what I am today.  Even though running sucks at time, it can be very rewarding.  Distance running is a gradual process and it all starts with one step.  Then 20,000k later on.  Haha.  Now I can run half marathons and by run I mean jog.  Here are the 10 half marathons that I have completed with my times.  And yes my PR is my first half marathon and no I haven't been able to reach that time.  One day I will. 

 San Diego Holiday Half Marathon 2013

 OKC Memorial Marathon 2014

 Colfax Half Marathon (Denver, CO) 2014

Disney Half Marathon (Anaheim, CA) 2015 

 Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon (Orlando, FL) 2015

Disney Avengers Half Marathon (Anaheim, CA) 2015 

OKC Memorial Marathon 2016 

Cowtown Half Marathon (Fort Worth, TX) 2017 

Little Rock Half Marathon 2017 

A2A Half Marathon (Arbuckle to Ardmore, Oklahoma) 2017

I am very thankful that I have been able to complete all of these races.  There was a lot of hard work put into getting prepared for these races and completing them.  Each race holds a special place in my heart and no two races are the same.  My next half marathon is OKC Memorial Marathon which is to remember the 168 people (including 19 kids) that were killed in the OKC bombing in 1995.  I wasn't here when this bombing happen but I am thankful to be running and celebrate life.  I am having knee problems but I will get through this one no matter what.  Whatever you are going through, there is someone going through the same thing with you.  You may not know them but you aren't alone.  I challenge you to step out of your box and try something new or pick up a hobby that you haven't done in a while and do it.  I gave up on running races for about 2 years and I am so thankful to be back.  Happy Monday.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment